Monday, March 21, 2011

Heart...

Rejection. No one can ever take it lightly.

no matter how strong I thought I was,
no matter how much I thought the feelings were going away recently,
no matter how prepared I thought I was,
in the end, it still hurts. It still stings. I still feel broken. lost.

I did what every girl did. I cried. I screamed (silently). I pulled on my hair. I wiped my face raw with tissues, and played songs and songs on repeat. I guess it's all part of the experience. The first time I will ever cry over a boy. one that I always thought I knew. The one that is so familiar but so foreign.
So hypnotizing. So mesmerizing...

On the 5th repeat, the waterworks will stop. The trails will dry. I'll be okay.
In my mind, it will remain a good memory. the day was still very me, very sunny, your smile was still bright, and my feelings were still strong. There was a moment of clarity in my head. I had told you how I felt. And it was done with no regret. It was a nice and soft way to let me down, and what better than that?

now,
the chase is finished,
the seeker lost.
4 years and finally this chapter of my life is coming to a close.
thanks for entertaining.

[...broken. 3.21.11]

No comments:

Post a Comment