Friday, November 19, 2010

What's in a Name?

Two days ago, I paid a visit to Goody's grocery store after land practice to purchase a banana, hoping to suppress my hunger before my fraternity meeting right after. As I unbuttoned my wallet to fish out my credit card, I suddenly heard a squeal, followed by:

"IS THAT A LOUIS VUITTON WALLET?"

Initially, I had thought the girl wasn't talking to me, so I continued to hand the cashier my card. But the girl was persistent, and she tapped my shoulders and asked again,

"DO YOU HAVE A LOUIS VUITTON WALLET?!"

"uh....yes?"

"OH MY GOD! It's ADORABLE!"

At that moment, her fingers reached forward and tentatively touched the leather of the wallet. "(Insert boyfriend's name), Look! She has a Louis Vuitton wallet. It's adorable!"

I was stunned, and really didn't know what to say besides giving her a smile, murmured a very hurried "thank you", grabbed my banana, and walked out of the door.

Awkward? yes.

This is definitely the first time I've ever heard "Louis Vuitton" being called "adorable."

But really,

LouisVuittonDolce&GabbanaJuicyCoutureCoach

What do they really mean?

(They're just names, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment